I love projects.
There is something about creating something—actually watching it become what you hoped from start to finish.
My home is full of DIY projects including everything from wood signs, old windows turned into chalkboards, painted vases to a barn wood headboard. Each project took time, effort and creativity to come to life.
This particular project currently sits in my home and serves a distinct purpose. It showcases my ear-rings.
Don’t you just love this jewelry holder?
All you need is a picture frame, lace fabric and a hot glue gun. Now, is time to get to crafting!
What you need:
- Picture frame-Any frame will do. I prefer older frames that you can give a new life. This one, I painted one of my favorite shades of blue.
- Lace fabric-The lace is perfect for ear-rings to slip right through. The fabric also gives the piece a lovely feminine look!
- Hot glue gun- Attach the lace to the frame using the hot glue gun.
What to do:
- Choose your frame. Take out the glass if you find one you like with it still attached.
- You can either leave the frame as is or choose your favorite color to brighten it up!
- Choose your lace fabric. Make sure it is sturdy enough to be able to support the ear-rings.
- Attach the lace to the back of the frame with the hot glue gun. Be sure to stretch it tight.
- Add your jewelry!
Now you have a chic piece to add to your home which also displays your favorite jewelry pieces! No more looking for that one ear-ring. Now they will all be in one place!
About Spree Hilliard:
I am a Southern girl at heart. Born and raised most of my life in the sweet state of Arkansas, I like to think of myself as a modern day Southern belle. I was raised right. I was taught to love Jesus, love others and to treat others as I want to be treated. I prefer sweet tea to wine and can quote ‘Steel Magnolias’ at the drop of a hat. At my day job, I’m a writer for a Lake Media— I take photos, edit videos, and manage a website and social media and more. When I’m not working, I have several other passions. I enjoy everything from painting, crafting, cooking, party planning, working out, spending time with friends and family, volunteering and more. Visit Spree’s blog: Southern Ambitions Designs.